Black Vogue SE

In English

Black Vogue SE started as a Facebook group created by wigmaker and entrepreneur Lovette Jallow for makeup interested individuals of darker skin-tones and has been up and running for 10 months, and already have nearly 16 000 members. While 80% of the members are located in Scandinavia, the remaining 20% are from different countries, such as USA, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Senegal, Gambia and Surinam etc. The number of members indicates the importance of the group and the need that existed within the Black community. The group’s aim is very simple but effective, only encouraging members to upload their pictures and share makeup tips and products used. By doing so, members get the opportunity to get tips and answers from both members and makeup artists that know and understand how to work with darker skin tones.

The blacks in Sweden who identify as Afro-swedes represent 200 000 of the Swedish population yet this is not reflected within the representation on shelves and in media.  The Swedish Beauty Industry has generally been offering 50 shades of beige when it comes to foundations and concealers in shops and beauty stores. Black Vogue aims to focus attention on the lack of products for people with darker skin-tones and hopefully affect the Industry and prompt change in the ranges available for ALL skin tones that are present in the Swedish society, and having only been active for 10 months the results of Black vogues work is already apparent as stores, online shops and makeup artists are more aware of the problem and are working with the forum to make a change.

Black Vogue is not only active as a forum but travel around Sweden and Scandinavia educating makeup artists at makeup schools and within the theatre, tv and film industry such as Göteborgs Operan, SVT and Stockholms Academy of Dramatic Arts institute, to mention a few. The aim here is to increase knowledge within the beauty industry so makeup artist are fully prepared when working with clients of all skin tones. If you wish to know more about our work then send an email using the information under the CONTACT section.

På Svenska

Black Vogue SE började som en Facebook-grupp som lyfter smink och skönhets frågor för personer med mörkare hudtoner. Gruppen skapades av perukmakare och entreprenören Lovette Jallow för  och har varit igång i 10 månader, och redan har nästan 16 000 medlemmar. Medan 80% av medlemmarna är belägna i Skandinavien, kommer resterande 20%  från olika länder, såsom USA, Storbritannien, Tyskland, Frankrike, Senegal, Gambia och Surinam etc. Antalet medlemmar vittnar om vikten av gruppen och behovet som fanns i det afrosvenska samhället. Gruppens mål är mycket enkel men effektiv, som medlem uppmuntras det att folk laddar upp sina selfie bilder och delar makeup tips och produkter som används. Genom att göra så, får medlemmarna fen möjlighet att få tips och svar från både andra medlemmar och makeupartister inom gruppen som vet och förstår hur man arbetar med mörkare hudtoner.

De svarta i Sverige som identifierar som Afro-svenskar utgör 200 000 av den svenska befolkningen men ännu  återspeglas inte detta i representationen på smink hyllorna och i media. Den svenska skönhetsindustrin har i allmänhet erbjudit 50 nyanser av beige när det gäller Foundations och concealers i butiker. Black Vogue ämnar att uppmärksamma bristen på produkter för personer med mörkare hud-toner och förhoppningsvis påverka branschen att göra tillgänglig produkter för alla hudtoner som finns i det svenska samhället, och trots att bara ha varit aktiv i 10 månader är resultatet av Black Vogues arbete redan uppenbart eftersom butiker, onlinebutiker och makeupartister är mer medvetna om problemet och arbetar tillsammans med forumet att göra en förändring

Black Vogue är inte bara aktiv som ett forum men reser runt om i Sverige och Skandinavien för att utbilda makeupartister på makeup skolor och inom teater, tv och filmindustrin, såsom Göteborgs Operan, SVT och Stockholms dramatiska högskola, för att nämna några få. Syftet är att öka kunskapen inom skönhetsindustrin så makeup artister/maskörer är fullt förberedda när de arbetar med kunder i alla hudtoner. Om du vill veta mer om vårt arbete så kan du skicka ett e-postmeddelande med hjälp av informationen i kontaktdelen av hemsidan.

IMG_7688 IMG_7631  _MG_8028   IMG_7924